Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Remastered Antmusic Part 3

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Last year Columbia Records began reissuing the Adam & The Ants back catalogue, starting with the first 3 LPs. The entire process has been guided by Marco Pirroni, guitarist and co-writer for so much of Adam's career. They are beautifully packaged, and all contain a wealth of bonus material. I posted a couple of tunes from Dirk Wears White Sox and Kings Of The Wild Frontier last year. The final 3 albums are now available, either for purchase individually or packaged together in a lovely box (pictured above), with room to fit the first 3 CDs too. The key with buying the box is that you get a bonus disc full of never before released stuff - demos and the like. I personally passed on the box - I don't think I need a remastered copy of Strip - but a co-worker of mine bought it so I got to peruse it's loveliness - and it is lovely. I did however pick up a copy of Friend Or Foe, and today's tunes are taken from the bonus material. Most of the bonus stuff is the demos for the records, and they are often a fascinating listen, stripped of all the big tribal percussion and production. I particularly enjoy these two - Goody Two Shoes (Demo) with it's simple drum machine, and a much scruffier sounding Place In The Country (Demo). If you are a fan of any of this old Antmusic you would be well advised to invest in a couple of these reissues - they're fantastic. Anf if you are a real Antmusic geek, you've got to get the box.

5 comments:

Jesse a.k.a. The Vicar said...

I love this version of Place In The Country!

Anonymous said...

I'm ashamed to admit I'm a closet Adam Ant fan. Thanks for the music! Think I still prefer the album versions, though.

Anonymous said...

I'm not ashamed to admit it ... I love Adam & the Ants! Thanks for the post. I picked up the first 3 reissues a while back and am now debating about getting the box with the final three or just picking up "Friend or Foe." Thanks for the posts ... they'll go into heavy rotation around these parts this week!

Woodshed said...

Place in the Country sounds fantastically messy – love it. Goody Two Shoes just isn’t the same without the faux-tribal drums on though.

Anonymous said...

wow i've never heard this song before. love it!