Friday, September 22, 2006

Funky Friday Fourpack

I'm pressed for time so the funky four pack can speak for itself today. If I have time I'll try and write some blurbs later...

Scissor Sisters - The Other Side
From Ta-Dah!, out on Tuesday. This is the best Duran Duran song that I've heard in years. It is an impeccable recreation of vintage DD - the hissing hi-hat, the bass that is pure John Taylor, the rock guitar solo, the sax at the end - it's perfect. And damn good too.


DJ Shadow - This Time (I'm Gonna Try It My Way)
From The Outsider, this is a nice old school funk throwback. The rest of the album leaves me with mixed feelings. I'll keep playing it and see what happens...

Los Amigos Invisibles - Super Pop Venezuela
From the Venezuelan party band's newest album, this is the title track. These are all cover tunes of Venezuelan pop hits and classics, and even though I don't know any of the originals I'm enjoying the swanky disco vibes. Added bonus is the slick production courtesy of Dimitri From Paris.

Janet Jackson - So Excited (feat. Khia)
Janet's new album 20 Y.O. drops Tuesday. This tune is the 2nd single, and most notable for the bitching Herbie Hancock samples. A bit of old school electro is always tasty.

No comments: