Monday, July 18, 2005

The Soviettes

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Minneapolis quartet The Soviettes have recently released their third album. It's called III (the other two were I & II of course), and it picks right up from where they left off - fast and tight pop punk with a slight whiff of new wavery. The band is 3 girls and one guy, and they all share vocal duties. This is one of the reasons I love them - there is great vocal interplay between all of them, with drummer Danny having the perfect sneering tone to compliment the sweet and sassy girls. All of the songs are like a minute and half long - the album clocks in at 28 minutes. Is it anything new? No. Are they a one trick pony? Pretty much. But if you can get past that, and have some love for punky pop music I think you will enjoy How Do You Like That and Photograph.

1 comment:

Paul said...

I really, really love their first two records, but hardly any of the songs on III seem to stick with me. I dunno, maybe I need to spend more time with it.

They're so great, though.