Tuesday, July 03, 2007

My '80s Remastered - Concert Edition

Tonight the wife and I are going to see this trio of geezers from the '80s who have recently reformed, The Police. You may have heard of them before - they were "the shit" for a while there. They conquered the pop charts of the world over the span of five albums before their pompous git of a lead singer/songwriter left to pursue jazz-lite, yoga and tantric sex. As much as I am not a fan of Sting, I am a fan of The Police. I love the punk-ish energy of their debut Outlandos d'Amour, the reggae grooves of Regatta de Blanc. and the world dominating pop of Zenyatta Mondatta. Yes, I enjoy the other two records, just not to the degree that I like the first 3. I feel a tad bit guilty about forking over my hard earned $$$ to Stink - like he needs it - but I never saw them back in the day, and I loved 'em so, so there you go. As you would imagine, I have spent the last week listening to my remasters from 2003. Here are three songs from those early records, and bring on the geezers rocking!
Next To You
Walking On The Moon
When The World Is Running Down

No comments: