Friday, April 17, 2009

Funky Friday Playlist

- Tasty French glitch hop? Débruit says "mais oui!"
- Recloose put Hop Off up on Twitter, and it's a jammin' hip house Japan only bonus track. Hit the link to visit his blog where he offers up all kinds of goodies, including instrumental and demo versions of today's tune.
- Senegalese drummer Mor Thiam delivers the old school Afro jazz funk. Cool muso factoid - he's Akon's dad.
- M.I.A. drops a pretty typical M.I.A. type jam with special guest Kovas.
- The Juan Maclean have a fantastic new record out on DFA called The Future Will Come. It is a super sweet blend of Human League-ish synth-pop & Talking Heads circa Remain In Light type jams. I love it.
- Ozomatli mainman and guest vocalist to millions Chali 2na might actually have a proper solo record coming out soon, and today's track is a little taster featuring Talib Kweli.
- The Andrew Allsgood Experience blow my mind with Macho Wizard, a killer re-edit of Heart's Magic Man. Seriously, the track of the week for sure!
- Das Racist are a goofy hip hop duo with goofy songs, including Combination Pizza Hut And Taco Bell which landed in my inbox this week. Did I mention goofy?
- Milke are a British combo who sent me a couple of tracks. They traffic in highly danceable synthpop with a distinctly '80s flavor.
- Animal Collective get a nice, house-y remix courtesy of Minneapolis' own Gigamesh.

Debruit - Look 22
Recloose - Hop Off
Mor Thiam - Ayo Ayo Nene
M.I.A. - Hit That feat. Kovas
The Juan Maclean - Accusations
Chali2na - Lock Shit Down feat. Talib Kweli
The Andrew Allsgood Experience - Macho Wizard
Das Racist - Combination Pizza Hut And Taco Bell
Milke - Love Get Out Of My Way (Fireman Remix)
Animal Collective - My Girls (Gigamesh Proper House Remix)
__________

BONUS BEATS VIDEO


TIGA's Shoes
HILARIOUS.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a plenum !