Monday, April 04, 2005

Lost Souls Forever

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I heard a track by Kasabian last year on a Q Magazine sampler and thought to myself "that sounds pretty interesting". Reviews I read compared them to Primal Scream and some of the bands from the "baggydelic" era - Happy Mondays, Stone Roses and the like. I'm down with all of that, so when the record got it's US release a few weeks ago I picked it up. It's an allright record - derivative of all those bands mentioned, sure, but not as bad as some reviews in the blogosphere might have you think. I particularly enjoy L.S.F. (Lost Souls Forever) with it's loping beats and it's catchy, sing-song melody. It's a pretty groovy tune that is also a fair indicator of what the album is all about. I guess I can see why the haters have hated on this, but for me it works.

No comments: