Saturday, July 25, 2009

Flashback/'94

Crystal Waters - 100% Pure love
From the back to the middle and around again, I'm gonna be there til the end. Don't ask me why Crystal Waters is what I was needing to hear today - the music gods move me in mysterious ways. I always loved this snappy little tune way better than her previous megahit Gypsy Woman (she's homeless, she's homeless, ladadee ladada). 100% has a good house foundation, killer cowbell and plenty of sass. I am amazed that this song is 15 years old. I think it holds up pretty well. And did you know that she is the niece of the legendary jazz/blues singer (and Oscar nominated actress) Ethel Waters? Fascinating. She continues to record and tour, and had a top 20 dance chart hit earlier this year. And that concludes today's flashback moment.

No comments: