Thursday, August 12, 2004

David Sylvian versus Wagon Christ

The last couple of years have seen a lot of remastered reissues of albums by Japan and David Sylvian. I have been getting a lot of them - they are one of my fave acts of the late '70s / early '80s - and it has renewed my interest in some of Sylvian's solo work that I never got around to checking out. I have to admit that after Secrets Of The Beehive I pretty much stopped buying his LPs, and didn't really hear a lot of his stuff. In one of my download searches I came across the 1999 track Godman, as remixed by Wagon Christ. I dig Wagon Christ, and was excited to hear this track. I wasn't disappointed. It's a typically quirky Luke Vibert production, with a hippy hoppy beat, some nice spacy vibes and a chorus with a very kid's sing-song feel to it. I love it - I don't think I've ever heard Sylvian sound so chipper!

No comments: