- Orange Juice had their biggest hit with Rip It Up. They had a totally unique style and sound - love the squelchy bass.
- Burns is a young up and comer from the UK who has just remixed Empire Of The Sun as well as SIART faves Late of The Pier. Disko is his debut single.
- The Mighy Underdogs are Lateef the Truth Speaker and Gift Of Gab alongside Headnodic. ScienceFiction features some fantastic Star Wars/Star Trek references.
- Django Django I know nothing about. IMO the tune has a sing song similarity to Hot Chip.
- Q-Tip should be huge. I love the guy. His records get my head nodding every time. His latest album The Renaissance has everything I like about a a hip hop record. Everything except chart success. Go buy the Abstract's latest and marvel at how freaking groovy it is.
- Fluke were '90s electronica almost-beens. They were always too poppy for the dance floor and dance-y for the charts. This remix is just a sublime slice of dreamy house-y goodness.
- Architeq creates glitchy hip hop goodness on his Tirk Records EP Birds Of Prey 2. French glitch hopper Fulgeance remixes. Very tasty.
- Sir Billy sent me another one of his great edits of the Incredible Bongo Band. His edits are always good and this one is no exception.
- John & Jehn are a French duo based in London who kind of remind me of Glass Candy. Gloomy disco drone anyone?
- My Tiger My Timing are another UK act starting to garner some buzz. Produced by Andy Spence from New Young Pony Club they make hypnotic, dark pop music.
Burns - Disko (Extended Mix)
The Mighty Underdogs - Science Fiction
Django Django - Default (Database Re-Edit)
Q-Tip feat. Amanda Diva - Manwomanboogie
Fluke - Slid (Global Communications Hypogasmix)
Architeq - Birds Of Prey (Fulgeance Emotronical Mix)
Incredible Bongo Band - Ohkey Dokey (Sir Billy Extended Edit)
John & Jehn - Looking For You (Mighty Mouse NYC Sensations Remix)
My Tiger My Timing - This Is Not The Fire (Django Django Remix)